Berwick Educational Association (“BEA”) is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. Its object is for the public benefit to promote the education of people in the local community of Berwick-upon-Tweed and surrounding areas, in such ways as the charity trustees think fit, including, but not limited to, organising educational courses, day schools and excursions.
The Trustees have established the following terms and conditions for these courses, day schools and excursions:
- Attendance is open to everyone aged 18 or over, subject to payment of the admission fee. Children attending certain specified events must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times; children who are part of a school group, must be accompanied and supervised by their teacher(s) at all times.
- You can find details of how to book here.
- BEA reserves the right to cancel or consolidate courses without notice. Admission fees for cancelled courses will be refunded.
- Admission fees will be refunded for bookings cancelled at least 7 days before an event.
- BEA reserves the right to exclude anyone from its events whose previous conduct at a BEA event has, in the reasonable opinion of the Trustees, interfered with or been detrimental to the proper running of the event.
- BEA will carry out a risk assessment for any Field Trips undertaken outdoors, but such trips are taken wholly at the participant’s own risk. Therefore, participants are required to take full responsibility for their own health, safety and wellbeing whilst outdoors. In particular, participants must ensure that they have suitable clothing and footwear appropriate for the Northumbrian climate and environment. Field Trips will generally be accessible to all moderately fit persons, but not all will be suitable for persons who have reduced mobility. If in doubt, the onus will be on participants to establish the position in this regard before booking.
Any complaints should be made by using this Contact Form, or by letter to the Secretary, 7 Ravensdowne, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 1HX and be headed COMPLAINT. All complaints will be considered by the Trustees, who will respond within 28 days.